If your Android device is old and you want to upgrade to newer Android OS like Android Pie 9.0 then it’s worth replacing stock recovery software for the TWRP recovery software. Flash the build onto your device — You will need Google’s platform tools to flash your build onto a physical device.
- So with all of this being said, if you’re new to the aftermarket development scene, you’ll have to install a ROM that’s specifically made for your phone.
- It’s also possible that the newest update just isn’t available yet for your phone.
- BlissPop is not as popular as other ROMs but, it has its own unique features which can be tried.
- Once you have installed the MiFlash tool, you must open the app.
- Always be careful with custom ROM’s because you can accidentally brick your device, so make sure to learn the instructions twice to avoid mistakes.
Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which stock Android firmware will be used throughout this guide. For starters, the update brings improvements like support for multiple languages, user privacy, redesigned clipboard features, and more. Apart from these, there are a few design changes such as an updated media player and support for themed icons that match the wallpaper color.
The first feature of the latest Xiaomi stock ROMs is their ability to provide users with an optimized and smooth user experience. Xiaomi’s ROMs are designed with the latest technology and optimized for performance and battery life. This ensures that users can enjoy a smooth experience without worrying about their device’s battery life or performance. These drivers are mainly for the devices powered by MediaTek chipset. With these drivers, you can transfer files, flash the firmware files on the device, etc. Finally, Xiaomi also offers a range of developer tools to help developers create their custom ROMs.
Custom ROMs typically offer improved performance, stability, and security, as well as additional features and customization options. There are a variety of custom ROMs available for various Xiaomi devices, and they can be installed using third-party tools such as TWRP or CWM. To make your device run with no errors and avoid misbehaving, you need to make sure you have downloaded the correct firmware that meets exactly your model. Before you launch the download session, you need to consider several crucial details. They include your device model number, build date, OS, and region where it was produced. Here you may also find the official software available for download.